Do not bring the following items to the MCQ examination event:
- tissues (e.g. Kleenex)
- paper of any kind
Mobile phones must be switched off and placed in the allocated area of the room.
Bags must be placed in the allocated area of the room.
Food and drinks are not allowed in the computer examination room.
The Australian Medical Council will provide writing paper/whiteboard and a pen for making notes. The writing paper/whiteboard will be collected by examination supervisors at the completion of the examination.
Family members are not allowed to wait in the examination venue. They must wait outside the building of the examination venue.
Candidates undertaking the AMC MCQ examination event must review the information in the MCQ Examination Specifications booklet.
Conduct of candidates
Any attempt to reproduce examination materials will be considered a breach of examination procedures and constitutes a breach of Australian copyright law. The AMC Board of Examiners will investigate any such breaches and the AMC may take action against individual candidates that may include:
- withholding or cancellation of the results of the candidate involved
- suspension of candidature for a period to be determined
- termination of eligibility to sit future AMC examinations for the purposes of registration
- reporting breaches of examination rules to the Medical Board of Australia
- legal action to recover the cost of the examination material involved.
As the AMC MCQ Exam is computer-administered, the AMC and the computer vendor will make every effort to ensure a smooth and orderly examination administration. However, the AMC will take into account extraordinary circumstances beyond its control, such as a significant power outage, computer malfunctions or network difficulty.